The Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) has been powering billions of vehicles during the last 100+ years while Electric Vehicles (EV) will disrupt the automotive industry in the following 10.
The implications for conventional automotive manufacturers are going to be significant as they will have to discard many of today´s technologies or processes.
Brake pad components will not be different: safety regulations require additional braking capability, pads life will be much longer and NVH/comfort requirements will be stricter.
NUADI faces the EV challenge overcoming the limitations that existing standard components present.
The solutions offered to this new requirements include:
• NRS: Mechanical attachment to backing plate, in order to secure bonding of the friction, guaranteeing driver safety.
• ZnNi Electroplated backing plate, to prevent surface rust much longer than only paint.
• FineblankPlus vs. sequential conventional stamping / fine blanking, to maintain flatness requirement through the pad manufacturing process providing better and more consistent NVH performance.
• Pickled & Oiled Steel to prevent backing plate steel subsurface rust.
• Clip-on design shims to maintain consistent NVH performance through the life of the pad, avoiding adhesive degradation.
• Stainless steel as core material for damping shims material to prevent rust…
• Progressive signal EWS (Electronic Wear Sensor) to meet or exceed current and future regulations on pad wear detection.
This EV complete solution was introduced at the “China Brake Technology Meeting” held in Shanghai on April 22nd by NUADI team.
NUADI will continue introducing its EV proposals to the automotive and brake manufacturers, driving the industry to the next level.